- Half-day trips tend to be from 8h to 13h (morning) and from 13h to 18h (afternoon). Full-day trips are usually from 8h to 18h. However these schedules are flexible.
- During Summertime (Jun-Ago) it is expected that bird diversity will drop considerably, especially during the hottest hours of the day. We will we try to take advantage of the early morning of late afternoon for some good birding, and in the full-day tours possibly explore other local heritage both natural and/or cultural.
- In full-day tours a pic-nic lunch will be provided
- Trips between birding hotspots will be undertook in a van, and each place will be explored resorting to short small walks with no particular level of difficulty, for you don´t need to be specially fit to take part in our tours.
Prices per person:
4 Persons: Half-day 35€ / Full-day 50€
3 Persons: Half-day 45€ / Full-day 60€
2 Persons: Half-day 55€ / Full-day 80€
1 Person: Half-day 90€ / Full-day 140€
Advisable to bring along:
- Comfortable and resistant footwear
- Comfortable clothes (light and fresh in Spring/Summer and warm in Autumn/Winter). Bring a jacket, just in case. Even in Summer time, mornings and evenings can get chilly or windy.
- Bottle of water
- Sunscreen on sunny days
- Camera to document what you observe
Possible places to visit:
Aljezur: Aljezur stream and Amoreira marsh, Espinhaço de Cão hills, Aljezur Old Town (possibility of visiting the Castle and Town Museum), Rogil farmland, Atalaia headland and Arrifana Ribat, coastal habitas of Monte Clérigo, Carrapateira headland (possibility of visiting the local Museum of Land and Sea), etc.
Vila do Bispo: Sagres Península and Cape St. Vincent (possibility of participating in a Pelagic Trip), Raposeira and Megalithic Monuments, Castelejo and Torre d’Aspa, Boca do Rio and Roman ruins, South Coast beaches, etc
Other hotspots: Monchique mountain chain (Fóia and lower slopes), Pincho cork woods, Barão de S. João area, Alvor Estuary, Arade Estuary, “Barrocal” in Portimão or Silves, Rice fiels in Silves or Lagoa, Salgados Lagoon (aka Pêra Marsh)
Contact us for tailored tours
We are also opened to provide tailored tours, in order to meet your requests. Tell us your interests and we are pleased to suggest an optimal itinerary, even in areas not usually included in our regular trips (like birding trips to Alentejo region or other areas of the Algarve). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.